New guy, TX bus

THECURTIS1

New guy here, bought a 28FT special needs 2003 IC 3000 with t444e and Alison transmission few days ago. demo is underway, and we are looking forward to building her back up to our design. Attach1_20220327_171520.jpg
Her name is Ophelia

JMB

Wow, inspiring. Are you guys in TX? Im in Seattle. I just abandoned my dream of a THOW this week ( new 2021 WA regulations just make it too hard w/fines of $10k if you get caught DIYing one, and/or your tiny being impounded!) I am starting over from scratch!

I hope you post some of your demo as you go!
I'm handy with tools working as a DIYer on houses. Working with "wood" is forgiving and physically not all that hard. Im a tiny 54 yr old lady with no experience with metal, "yet" . This new skoolie future will require some new skills. 🛠🪜
Best wishes as you strip Ophelia down.
Jeanette

joeyvast

Wow, inspiring. Are you guys in TX? Im in Seattle. I just abandoned my dream of a THOW this week ( new 2021 WA regulations just make it too hard w/fines of $10k if you get caught DIYing one, and/or your tiny being impounded!) I am starting over from scratch!

I hope you post some of your demo as you go!
I'm handy with tools working as a DIYer on houses. Working with "wood" is forgiving and physically not all that hard. Im a tiny 54 yr old lady with no experience with metal, "yet" . This new skoolie future will require some new skills. 🛠🪜
Best wishes as you strip Ophelia down.
Jeanette
Wait what?! WA state is trying to remove your ability to create a tiny home on wheels. I thought this was America. SMH

JMB

Wait what?! WA state is trying to remove your ability to create a tiny home on wheels. I thought this was America. SMH
The regulations are strict. So its not worth the worry effort to DIY. If you cant do the work w/out prying eyes or inspectors able to see what your doing, you can get away with it. My plan was to build in my driveway so that idea is shot to hell.

A skoolie, likely mostly build, will be my alternative plan.