INSURANCE NON COMMERCIAL SCHOOL BUS

mauricio8983

I purchased a short Ford school bus in the sates and plan on driving it to Ontario. I haven’t found any insurance company that would issue a policy. I’ve spent hours searching.
if anybody knows of a company that would insure a bus while it is converted, please let me know. And once converted, who in ontario Canada insures Skoolie?

Noor22

Great question, Mauricio8983, I believe I asked this question months ago without a response. I need to know the answer to this exact same question. Please, can someone help us out with this question? And if possible, Mauricio8983, can you let me know if you are able to find out this information for myself too, please & thank you. :)

Olin13jr

Got the title up dated to House car (North Carolina) and progressive said that they can no longer insure our bus, so we are looking for a new insurance company too

B Set Bus

Skoolier
First of ALL.
This "forum" isn't really a forum.
Curiously it is a conglomerate of websites operated by "SECRO LLC" hmmm.
There's just less than 500 registered users. Where are they?
This guy "Chris" seems to make a welcome comment when I signed up and I have seen the same for each new user since
I am unhappy to say the least and this site is as useless and as much of a waste of my time as my bus purchase seems to have been.
There was a constant email of buses for sale by Secro llc however no useful knowledge or even a heads up about the impossibility of insurance as I proceeded through this process.
I went from very glad to very mad.
Forget it.
There's one insurance company National General. And they won't write me simple PIP ;. They denied me for my apparent "daily driver" excuse.
One company that is all we have out here and no one is talking about that. Forget all the misdirection here: try State Farm, try Progressive, try this and that.
Kelly Newsome seems to be the person to go through however there's no magic and there's no instant satisfaction. It is hard work of again, try this and try that.
While I cannot blame this website for my anguish having indulged with seeming supportive "other skoolie enthusiasts" there has been an awakening of how ugly and non supportive this community is in it's existentialism.
Nothing for me seems possible. Consider this:
I was advised by the sage to get Vermont registration and tags. I have never lived there in that state.
I called twenty attorneys in VT to try to hire one to do the legal work. Right? A lawyer to get through the legal system. Yeah right! Good luck with that. They all talk as if it is a criminal act I was suggesting and were starchly opposed to any assistance. Go figure a lawyer would turn down legal fees where there are legal fees to be made, but they did turn me down. It was as if they were in defense of their system of motor vehicles against us the skoolies.
I thought Vermont was filled with crunchy cool folks, probably I was mistaken about that.
So how do we drive our buses?
How could we be legal and feeling good about it all? Free from the stress I am now under of moving my bus a mile at a time scared shitless of tow trucks and police?
My situation is homelessness.
I went from living in a box truck to a very cool old MiniBird I thought I would be saving from going to China in a million shredded pieces as scrap. America don't give a **** about that, the loss of our history anymore I have learned. Some stuffed suits in corporate feudalist elitists offices who probably own RV's are destroying American history and culture by denying our basic wants and needs.
It doesn't seem fair or even logical to not write a pip policy claiming daily driver as the reason when for thirty years my bus daily travelled the roads with a bus load of kids in it, and now all it carries is myself and my 10 year old dog.
We are likely to lose this bus in someway or another due to the arbitrary unreasonablness of invisible gouls in insurance industries and that adds to my frustration and anger over it.
I have spent thousands of dollars on my project already and it has only just begun.
I paid for the title through issues and problems four times!
And if I follow the sage's advice more money thrown into an abyss.
A yacht would be less costly.
And a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into. I know about that too!
So forget your American dream do yourself a favor. The communists who run the show àre four square against us. They won't allow us to be different to follow dreams at longer. Buy a tiny home, for exorbitant amounts, be a square, let it be that you will not know who your neighbor is or what country they were chased out of, because now it's us being chased out and there's nowhere to go.

RjMidbon

So you build a bus before you know you can get insurance for it, You need to get some psychological help everyone is not out to get you the communists don't run the insurance corporations. And everyone in the US unless you are a native American came from somewhere else, so maybe you should go back to your country of origin obviously you don't like the US.

B Set Bus

Skoolier
So you build a bus before you know you can get insurance for it, You need to get some psychological help everyone is not out to get you the communists don't run the insurance corporations. And everyone in the US unless you are a native American came from somewhere else, so maybe you should go back to your country of origin obviously you don't like the US.
So you cannot keep to the thread of insurance without being highly offended and rant write your own scribble Lol LMFAO I would punch your lights out bud here I Miami come find me.

B Set Bus

Skoolier
So you cannot keep to the thread of insurance without being highly offended and rant write your own scribble Lol LMFAO I would punch your lights out bud here I Miami come find me.

B Set Bus

Skoolier
I WANT NEW USERS TO KNOW:

There is a time and a place for everything. With this being said, we are attracted here to this website " Skoolie " with various spins on the word skoolie a word derived from the word school as in school bus. We all rode them as young people to and from schools and even if some walked to school the buses still took everyone to every class trip or extracurricular activities such as sports teams and away games.
With that being said the allure of a school bus as a staple of American life has left indelible marks on us, good experiences and now as adults we seek a vehicle to " convert" "into" living space and living space that which may move or be motive mobile or not.
We want a bus for that which makes a bus a more perfect space to do as we wish for it's roomy and spacious interior and for it's truly powerful road worthy was and safety. As they once carried us safely all the time when we rode them usually driven by an ordinary person with really no outstanding characteristics other than they could drive a large vehicle without crashing or driving with kids ranting and raving within that bus and also without crashing or driving off a cliff out of mental defect. A bus ride is nothing exceptional nothing extraordinary nothing special.
Other than the fact that some of us as adults want to own one and fix it up as we might prepare a home in an apartment or in a house but with the
mobility also.
With that being said I have noticed that on YOUTUBE and on private dotcom websites we are gathered together to find out things about doing the school bus conversion and the technical aspects. Novice builders mostly need to learn basic skills. Beginning owners want challenging complex concepts of the systems of a conversion into a self contained living space and the motor vehicle aspect of repairs and upgraded fabrication necessary for the incorporated systems.
HOWEVER who has really considering dered the legal realities and the responsibilities relating to ownership of a school bus. Listen, I know they aren't hard to find for sale.
I know a website that auctions off a dozen a month from a variety of government institutions and relatively inexpensive they go.
I know a woman who works at a school administration office who purchased a Blue Bird tc1000 2006 with Brandon new Continental tires all around, tires that cost $800 a piece and she paid $950.00 for her 75 passenger diesel pusher. Besides her being stigmatized by her coworkers and family, despised by them for her dream of owning and living full time aboard her purchase she has steadfast held to her dream. This despite three citations by the county for parking her bus and other alleged transgressions of the laws.
She hadn't considered the things that owners of average vehicles don't necessarily have to such as where am I going to park a bus that takes up five to six modern parking spaces?
She has, I am sorry to report, gone underground with her bus hiding, running away, struggling with all the stress and expenses that this bus has brought along with her dream of the skoolie life.
SADLY some of the people who are involved in the skoolie mystique aren't in it for your total experience and they aren't in it for you. There are a lot of con artists in an industry a cottage industry of finding good dirt cheap school buses and turning huge.prodits by selling the truck to you without offering good or even poor council about the harsh realities of owning a school bus.
They want your young enthusiastic money and nothing more.
If what I am saying weren't true then why does this website not contain any valuable accurate information about insurance on a school bus and no solid pathway towards the goal of a registered and insured lawful bus?
Why? Because it is an industry capitalizing on your fantasy and drive to getting that video made of such extraordinary fortitude of accomplishment and self pride. They feed themselves off of your dream. And then they leave you hanging...
Here is the truth- there is but one insurance company writing policies for school buses- National is the company. National will deny you a policy for almost any reason. It is almost as if ( through my own interactions with them) that the company agents lead you into making admissions during the "quote" (no pun) process. If your intention is a full time live aboard the agents will asses this without your awareness and then will ask questions to trap you into admitting your desires and plans and once verbalized to the agent it is attached to your query along with your personal information that they very cleverly collect prior to delving into the quote specifics, thereby trapping you without a possibility of retraction. And there it is no policy will be written no matter how much you are willing to pay. And if your filthy rich, why then is it a school bus your desire when there are so much more exceptional vehicles to chose from?

B Set Bus

Skoolier
PART TWO (CONTINUED)

The insurance company knows this. A school bus is a poor man's game. Or at least a working class people's dream not a wealthy person's dream. Lloyd's of London otherwise might insure the dream.
But middle class working from lks young idealists looking for the off-the-grid lifestyle are not welcomed abundantly and with well wishes I have learned.
To be certain, insurers will not dream my dream along with me, it has been my unearthing of.
They seem opposed and li.it even the discussions of the use of your bus, even controlling the narrative no matter how you will try to steer it. They're ruthless in telling you that your dream means absolutely nothing to them. Thinking you could game the system? No, you can't. And they're the reason why.
So with all this being said-
where are the hard core skoolies looking to educate us all with regards to gaming this aspect of the system? Where are the genius minds offering instructions in detail about how to do that, as they so willingly offer you plumbing and electrical dy how-to's?
There aren't any, and why is that?
I mean, it's very easy to tell someone how to hook up solar panels, where to buy solar panels and all that seemingly good and us full advice, yet the absence of good insurance how to use deafening.
I wrote at length here on this forum (I am new here too.) about my experience of the insurance let down only to have a member (RjMidbon) attack me for my offered story and sage advice.
His reply was provocative as if I personally offended that member and maybe I had by intention. RjMidbon had replied to user member Olin13jr with only three words of preeminent advise to "call State Farm" as if that would do it. And I really don't know how RjMidbon could be so obtuse and intentionally deceptive? As if he (and I am only assuming it's a he) we're offering a valid path towards being insured. Forgetting the provocation he had replied to my story, he was obviously curt and incomplete wherein the matter of insurance deserves at least a complete reply to be helpful- for example: call state farm at tele # xxx-xxx-xxxx and ask for Mr. Xxxxx as he is my agent there and tell him you want to insure your school bus.. blah blah blah.
Yet his attack on me was of a political indifference and of a cowardice of misdirection. He accused me of being an ignorant idiot merely because of my frustrations of trying to insure my bus and not being able to.
So that is what I see here and everywhere- they are fakes. They are not here for you to learn how to find a path towards legality. They are counterproductive, I mean where else would we turn but to a "skoolie forum" to learn diy how to about finding the necessary insurance and all.
And I think why is because it is a lucrative cottage industry ith a lot of money to be made selling you the bus that you will ultimately not be able to insure. Otherwise where is a diligent member posting the exact methodology towards the ends of actualizing the insured school bus?
Or why?
Why is the community of dreamers of a skoolie (it's now sunkoolie to me) life not organized and either hiring lobbyists to lobby on our behalf to get insurers to make us happy with their tremendous earnings of selling you a thousand dollar bus for fifteen thousand in profit!?
Why wouldn't these site owners who send daily posts of for sale buses, spend more than a few words in a reply to make this happen?
Greed? Disconcern? Ineffectual business model that seems to be self defeating and limited to a con or a ruse?
These skoolie sites seem to be practical cing a fraud by helping those willing to spend unnecessary bucks to stick you with a product that they know you will not be able to use legally. It seems fraudulent and I wonder if it is? And I wonder who and what is behind it all and if it worth investigating? Because we are being taken not just you but me as well, I feel as if I've been taken.
As RjMidbon contended that it was my stupidity, not all of our stupidity just mine for not knowing about the insurance thingy beforehand. It seems also a well kept trade secret, that you won't see much about it. The insurers aren't behind it or I don't know maybe as a side cultish industry insurance agents operate side con jobs to take our money on a mass scale for a product we will not be able to insure with their main career companies? A conspiracy theory only.
However it is undeniable that we are being preyed upon for our desires to relive a certain period of life and a non sympathetic "community" of "like-minded" individuals aren't there for us in any capacity to push through the quagmire to make the insurers give us the right to have pip policies. Again the empathy is certainly lacking and the sympathy isn't there by the rest ( on this forum there claims to be 500 or thereabout) where are all of them? Have they found insurance? Why are they not telling us how to get ours? That's the purpose of a forum anyway right? But there are like 3 threads with 3 replies prior to my bellyaching, why? What is going on?
I think we get together and demand answers. I think we need to organize.
Contact me through a conversation where we could dig deeper if anyone wants to do that and search for answers and not the mainstream narrative that we are being conned under.
It is either that wwe organize truly and create change or the other choice is we really have to give up this thing and relinquish to the institutional tyranny that no more privately owned converted school buses for full time live aboard ever again in this country. And we give up the dream and I sell my bus and move on defeated for no real reason other than arbitrary authoritarianism opposed to us gaming the system.
Think and act as if.
Contact the b set bus.