Hi!

CoachJacque

I'm new here. For a while now, I've been considering a tiny home but I think a skoolie is for me. I'd like to leave the relationship I'm in and just travel and visit family in other states with just me and my 2 dogs. I joined this forum because I don't know where to start, I don't even know where I go to learn how to drive a bus! I'm in Tampa, FL.
I know how I'd like my skoolie set up but I still have a TON of questions. Like, how much are solar panels, how much power do I need, how can I work from home, which type of toilet is better, and more?!

wayneruppert

Welcome to the Skoolie world. I'm about 18 months into my "skoolie journey." I've done tons of research on "what bus to buy, where to buy it, 'as well as "everything solar" (panels / batteries / converters etc) all of which I bought - before I bought my bus, and toilets (just ordered one today). I'd be glad to offer any advice that I can, but also encourage you to "learn from those who taught me" (I'll gladly send you links to the youtube channels of THOSE who INSPIRED me.)

JMB

Welcome to the Skoolie world. I'm about 18 months into my "skoolie journey." I've done tons of research on "what bus to buy, where to buy it, 'as well as "everything solar" (panels / batteries / converters etc) all of which I bought - before I bought my bus, and toilets (just ordered one today). I'd be glad to offer any advice that I can, but also encourage you to "learn from those who taught me" (I'll gladly send you links to the youtube channels of THOSE who INSPIRED me.)
That would be greatly appreciated Wayne. The idea of paying for someone to build most of my new home feels great to a point. But I should really get up to speed on the pros & cons of types of vehicles. My biggest learning curves is being clear on engines ie upkeep & repair cost

It will help me streamline what to get excited about and clarify my build layout. I worked on all of my of my own cars up to a point. And still do. Busses? Solar and water el install from scratch. Whole new ball game.
Side note:) I Just ripped out both my back seats in my Fiat500 POP to create more room for my Alaskan Malamute 🐕 . Im still working on that! Need to finish heat insulation install and figure out a custom gate for behind seat. My thought - Need to find a high quality flat strap kind of net to secure to interior sides. Then he wont fly forward if Iget jit from behind or slam on my breaks.